In Regards to the Upcoming Supreme Court Case on DACA
The Supreme Court announced it will hear oral arguments on November 12 regarding the prolonged legal battle over the Trump Administration’s efforts to end DACA. In two of the cases, the Court will decide 1) whether the decision to rescind the DACA program is reviewable and, if so 2) whether the decision to end the program was lawful. During this time, it is imperative to encourage and ensure that all of your DACA eligible employees to renew their work permits.
Employers can engage and show their support in a variety of ways. Below is a list of recommendations
- Make sure DACA recipients know that the nationwide injunctions remain in place and encourage eligible DACA recipients to consult a lawyer and consider submitting renewals as soon as possible.
- Fund employees’ DACA renewal fees and encourage them to consider applying right now.
- Perform a company-wide showcase of solidarity on November 12th, the day the Supreme Court hears oral arguments for the case.
- Film and share brief videos of company leadership uplifting Dreamer contributions organizationally and individually.
- Show your support on social media; Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Write and submit an Opinion piece to local news outlet or publication.
- Check out this guide for further instructions.
- Support local organizations and nonprofits hosting renewal workshops or scholarships.
- Find a list of recommended organizations here.
- Publicly share how you’re engaging and supporting DACA.