In Regard to the Upcoming Supreme Court Case on DACA
The Supreme Court heard oral arguments on November 12th of 2019 regarding the prolonged legal battle over the Trump Administration’s efforts to end DACA. In their rulings, the Court will decide 1) whether the decision to rescind the DACA program is reviewable and, if so 2) whether the decision to end the program was lawful. During this time, it is imperative to encourage and ensure that all of your DACA eligible employees to renew their work permits.
Employers can engage and show their support in a variety of ways. Below is a list of recommendations
- Ensure DACA recipients know that due to the Coronavirus, USCIS has closed their offices as of March 18th and suspended all biometrics appointments until further notice. The agency will reuse previously submitted biometrics in order to process work authorization applications. Resources are available to help with the DACA renewal process at www.InformedImmigrant.com, employers can assist with employees’ DACA renewal fees and encourage them to consider speaking with an immigration attorney and applying as soon as possible.
- Perform a company-wide showcase of solidarity on the day the Supreme Court issues their decision
- Film and share brief videos with company leadership showing organizational or individual support of DACA Recipients. Please contact Fwd.us if you’d like support on this project.
- Show your support on social media; Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Write and submit an Opinion piece to a local news outlet or publication.
- Check out this guide for further instructions.
- Support local organizations and nonprofits hosting renewal workshops or scholarships.
- Find a list of recommended organizations here.
- Publicly share how you’re engaging and supporting DACA